Purpose of committee
The Cabinet consists of Councillors of the majority political party and is led by the Leader of the Council. Each Cabinet Member has responsibility for a particular area of the Council's activity. Cabinet Members cannot be part of the Overview and Scrutiny Committee but can be part of other committees and are members of the full Council. Cabinet may take executive action and has a collective responsibility.
Article 7 of the Constitution of the Council explains how the Cabinet operates and Part 3.3 the sets out the delegation of Cabinet functions to individual Cabinet Members.
- Councillor Ray Dawe (Leader)
- Councillor Jonathan Chowen (Deputy Leader) Deputy Leader and Leisure and Culture
- Councillor Philip Circus Waste, Recycling and Cleansing
- Councillor Brian Donnelly Finance and Assets
- Councillor Gordon Lindsay Local Economy
- Councillor Claire Vickers Planning and Development
- Councillor Tricia Youtan Community and Wellbeing
Support officer: Email: email@example.com. Direct Line: 01403 215465