Budget 2019/20 and the Medium Term Financial Strategy to 2022/23
Decision Maker: Cabinet, Council
Decision status: Recommmend Forward to Council
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Policy Development Advisory Group
7 January 2019
(i) That the level of Council Tax for 2019/20 be increased from £145.60 by £3.93 (2.7%) to £149.53 at Band D.
(ii) That the net revenue budget for 2019/20 of £10.435m be approved (Appendix A to the report).
(iii) That Special Expenses of £299,140 (Appendix D to the report) and a Band D charge of £25.46 be agreed in respect of the unparished area for 2019/20.
(iv) That the capital programme for 2019/20 (Appendix E to the report) be approved, subject to the overall budget for Highwood Community Centre being increased from £1,500,000 to £2,000,000, and that the indicative capital budgets in the programme for future years be noted.
(v) That the projected future balanced budgets on the revenue account in 2021/22 and 2022/23 be noted and the Medium Term Financial Strategy continues to be reviewed and refined to ensure that decisions are taken to deliver these balanced budgets in these two years.
(vi) That the Minimum Revenue Provision (MRP) Statement set out in Appendix F to the report be approved.
(vii) That the Capital Strategy and prudential indicators and limits for 2018/19 to 2021/22 set out in Appendix G to the report be approved.
(viii) That the statement on the robustness of the level reserves in Appendix I to the report be noted.
To meet the Council’s statutory requirement to approve the budget and the prudential indicators before the start of a new financial year.
Report author: Jane Eaton
Publication date: 25/01/2019
Date of decision: 24/01/2019
Decided at meeting: 24/01/2019 - Cabinet
- 24 Jan 2019 Cabinet report - 2019-20 Budget and MTFS PDF 227 KB
- Appendix A - Budget book 2019-20 PDF 761 KB
- Appendix B - growth and savings 2019-20 PDF 714 KB
- Appendix C - grants to voluntary groups 2019-20 PDF 42 KB
- Appendix D - special charge 2019-20 PDF 411 KB
- Appendix Ei - capital programme 2019-20 PDF 626 KB
- Appendix Eii - capital programme new schemes 2019-20 PDF 43 KB
- Appendix F - MRP policy 2019-20 PDF 65 KB
- Appendix G - capital strategy and prudential indicators 2019-20 PDF 87 KB
- Appendix H - New Homes Bonus 2019-20 PDF 118 KB
- Appendix I - Reserves 2019-20 PDF 82 KB