Agenda and draft minutes
Venue: Main Conference Room, Parkside, Chart Way, Horsham
Contact: Email: email@example.com Direct Line: 01403 215465
To receive the notes of the meeting held on 18 July 2018.
The notes of the meeting of the Leisure & Culture PDAG held on 18th July 2018 were received.
Relocation of Athletics Track
The Council has been investigating options to relocate the athletics track at Broadbridge Health to a new location in the district. The purpose of this item is to update members on the progress of this work and to explain the sites identified.
The Director of Community Services presented the group with an update regarding the current progress in relocating the athletics track, currently located adjacent to the old Broadbridge Heath Leisure centre.
The Council had made a public commitment to re-provide an athletics track within the district at the same time as agreeing ‘The Bridge’, a new leisure centre located in Broadbridge Heath that would replace the old leisure centre.
The Director of Community Services summarised the new potential sites for the Athletics Track and provided an estimated cost breakdown for each as well as other arguments for and against using each location.
· The Bridge Leisure Centre
· The Director of Community Services informed the group that the new leisure centre would be opening to the public on Saturday 20th October at 9am.
· The Head of Community and Culture informed the group that new football pitches would be playable by the end of October 2018.
Horsham Park Bins
· The Cabinet Member for Leisure and Culture informed the group that Bins within Horsham Park had to be closed over the summer due to animal interference. New lidded bins would be implemented in the park.
Warnham Nature Reserve
· The Cabinet Member for Leisure and Culture informed the group that cases of vandalism and the capturing of wild birds was being investigated in Warnham Nature Reserve. The Cabinet Member would update the group as more information becomes available.
To note the Forward Plan extract (if any) for the Leisure and Culture Portfolio
Relevant items on the forward plan were noted by the group.