Agenda and draft minutes
Venue: via Remote Video Link
Contact: Email: CommitteeServices@horsham.gov.uk Direct line: 01403 215465
Declarations of Members' Interests
To receive any declarations of interest from Members of the Committee
There were no declarations of interest.
To receive any announcements from the Chairman of the Committee or the Chief Executive
There were no announcements.
To receive the report from the Off Street Parking Task and Finish Group
The Committee considered the report of the Off-Street Parking Task and Finish Group. The Chairman of the Group stated that
RECOMMENDED TO COUNCIL:
1. A consultant should be engaged for three months to develop a parking matrix for Horsham District Council similar to the one which had been developed by Arun District Council but fine-tuned to meet Horsham’s particular requirements.
2. The County Council be consulted on parking matters in respect of road safety issues.
3. That the HDC Parking Protocol for new residential builds throughout HDC be:
1 bed 2 parking spaces
2 bed 2 parking spaces
3 bed 3 parking spaces
4 bed 3 parking spaces
4. A new parking protocol be developed for business sites, retirement homes, care homes and restaurants & takeaways.
5. Ducting for electrical car charging be placed in all new builds.
6. Review the dimensions of garages and car ports.
7. Consider prohibiting the conversion of garages or carports into rooms unless suitable garages or car ports are built in replacement on the same site
To receive and discuss the Work Programme and any Work Programme Suggestion Forms
It was decided that the received work programme suggestion form be deferred to the next Committee meeting so that it may be presented with the LCWIP and Councillor Peter Burgess present.
Items not on the agenda which the Chairman of the meeting is of the opinion should be considered as urgent because of the special circumstances
There was no urgent business.