Decision Maker: Cabinet, Council
Decision status: Recommmend Forward to Council
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Policy Development Advisory Group 8 January 2018
RECOMMENDED TO COUNCIL
(i) That the level of Council Tax for 2018/19 be increased from £140.60 by £5 (3.56%) to £145.60 at Band D.
(ii) That the net revenue budget for 2018/19 of £10.714m be approved (Appendix A to the report).
(iii) That Special Expenses of £284,762 (Appendix D to the report) and a Band D charge of £24.60 be agreed in respect of the unparished area for 2018/19.
(iv) That the capital programme for 2018/19 (Appendix E to the report) be approved and that the indicative capital budgets in the programme for future years be noted.
(v) That the projected future deficit on the revenue account in 2020/21 and 2021/22 be noted and the Medium Term Financial Strategy continues to be reviewed and refined to ensure that decisions are taken to develop a balanced budget in these two years.
(vi) That the Minimum Revenue Provision (MRP) Statement set out in Appendix F to the report be approved.
(vii) That the prudential indicators and limits for 2017/18 to 2020/21 set out in Appendix G to the report be approved.
(viii) That the statement on the robustness of the level reserves in Appendix I to the report be noted.
To meet the Council’s statutory requirement to approve the budget and the prudential indicators before the start of a new financial year.
Report author: Jane Eaton
Publication date: 29/01/2018
Date of decision: 25/01/2018
Decided at meeting: 25/01/2018 - Cabinet
- Cabinet report - MTFS 25 Jan 2018 PDF 209 KB
- Appendix A - Budget book PDF 38 KB
- Appendix B - Growth and Savings PDF 70 KB
- Appendix C - Grants to voluntary groups PDF 145 KB
- Appendix D - Special Charge PDF 55 KB
- Appendix Ei - Capital Programme PDF 63 KB
- Appendix Eii - Capital programme new schemes PDF 9 KB
- Appendix F - MRP PDF 92 KB
- Appendix G - Prudential indicators PDF 158 KB
- Appendix H - New Homes Bonus PDF 262 KB
- Appendix I - Reserves PDF 144 KB